Friday, September 20, 2019

Wee Fergus

The idea for wee Fergus in resin form came about after watching season 2 of the Outlander series on Starz. I thought how much the actor playing Fergus in the series resembled Dollshe's Robin. Weird how a doll lover's mind is always working the doll angle into things, lol! Shot below of Romann Berrux, who plays Fergus in S2 and a couple of episodes of S3. I had already shelled several of the other characters in the series (Jamie/Claire/Young Ian/Lord John), and thought young Fergus would be a fun addition.


Anyway, I talked to my friend Lyn, who does most all the painting on my dolls and she too could see the resemblance, so I ordered an Oriental Robin from Dollshe through BJDivas and settled in for the long wait. It took almost 14 months for him to arrive...………….and then I had a setback breaking my ankle, which postponed him going out for a face up. Finally a few weeks  ago he arrived home.
The long wait gave me the opportunity to have his wig (Monique Bob in size 6/7, brown/black color) and his eyes ready. I was actually able to get the eyes before Jenny at Safrin stopped making her resin Safrin eyes. His eyes are 10mm SI Natural Icicle Safrin eyes. Doesn't he look like the actor?
I'm quite pleased at how he all come together. Eventually I'll get him some clothes similar to what Fergus wears in the show, but for now I'm just really pleased to have him home.  Not sure yet how he will work in photos with the bigger dolls as his scale is a little off for how tall young Fergus should be compared to Jamie, but I can enjoy him on his own and with my other "kids".



2 comments:

  1. Great choice! Not sure I could wait 14 months for a doll to arrive, no matter how much he resembles the character, but your patience has obviously paid off. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love little Fergus but, I learned my lesson ordering direct from Dollshe with Fergus. No more direct ordering from them for me. The wait is ridiculous.

      Delete