Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Mini Frasers

In 2017 I decided since Iplehouse had introduced the Leonard sculpt in a smaller "FID" size (about 49.5cm tall) I would like to shell Jamie and Claire in a smaller, more portable size. For those of you not familiar with the Iplehouse dolls, the EID male dolls (larger Jamie) are about 7 lbs and 70cm. The SID dolls (larger Claire)  about 62cm. While the big dolls are striking and allow for much more detail in clothing/eyes etc, they are a bit more cumbersome to take outside for photos. As I mentioned previously, photography is a huge part of the way I enjoy my dolls, so being able to take them outside for photos allows for a much different feel/mood in the photos. Mini Claire arrived to me first. I got her in a wonderful trade with a friend. At the time, Iplehouse hadn't released the Harace sculpt in FID size (which is the sculpt I use for my larger Claire). The more I looked at Raccoon Doll Nina, the more I thought she definitely had a "Claire" vibe and would do quite nicely.  Below is one of my favorite photos of her.
Mini Jamie arrived shortly after and was sent out to my friend Lyn Raftis to do his face, and I commissioned a couple of basic clothing pieces from my friend Robyn so that he had something to wear. Jamie's wig is by Chewin. I've been really pleased with this size, and the added play value their portability adds.
And a couple of the mini Frasers together, outside, as they really are SO much easier to take outdoors for photos. The first shot was loosely inspired by the S4 promo for the TV show of them looking out over Fraser's Ridge.
Below, just enjoying each other's company. All their clothing is by Robyn at Period Threads with the exception of the knitted pieces. My Outlander dolls inspired me to learn to knit and crochet, as I had a hard time when I first shelled them finding knitted pieces to purchase, and I loved the knitted pieces that Claire wore in the TV show. I figured how hard could it be to teach myself?  I'm not the best knitter, but I have learned to do a few basic things for the dolls.
I don't have as many dolls shelled in the smaller size, although  I did recently get Brianna in the mini size. Can Roger be far behind? Still deciding on that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment