Sunday, September 22, 2019

Inspiration to Execution- Part 2

Continuing on with my theme from yesterday, Inspiration to Execution, another seamstress who made some fabulous pieces for my Claire and Jamie early on was Sherry  at Sisen Designs. I had admired Sherry's work on various items she had posted on the doll boards over the years. I contacted her to ask if she took commissions and would be interested in creating a couple of "inspired by" pieces for my dolls based on outfits I loved in the TV show.  Below is the outfit she did for Claire, which was a favorite of mine from S1 of the show. Sherry knitted the arm warmers as well. You can't tell from the photos's but there is even a bum roll under her dress to make it lay properly.
Jamie's brown vest from S1 was another piece that I ordered from Sherry. Below is a photo I did, trying to recreate one of the "promo" shots Starz did to promote S1 of the show. Jamie is wearing the vest Sherry did for me, along with his kilt Becky made (see yesterday's post). Resin dolls DO NOT move like people, so took me a while to get the dolls exactly the way I wanted them, but in the end I was fairly pleased with the shot.
Lastly I REALLY wanted Jamie's vest and coat that he wore in the wedding episode of S1. Like probably everyone else that watches the show, the wedding episode is one of my very favorites. I already had his kilt and the plaid he wears over his shoulders, so Sherry made the coat and vest for me. Jamie's wig in this shot was done by Chewin, who has done 4 different wigs for me for Jamie. I'll spotlight him in a later installment. I love how this outfit turned out.  The colors aren't exactly perfect, but close enough for me!




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfits! It's nearly impossible to duplicate colors exactly, not to mention the scale of a plaid, so "close enough" is as close to perfect as one can get. I look forward to your spotlight on Chewin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll have to take some new pics and do the Chewin spotlight hopefully soon. I have several outfits as well as wigs that he has done for me for the Outlander crew.

      Delete