Saturday, September 21, 2019

Mother and Daughter

I have gone back and forth about shelling Brianna for quite a while now. Brianna has never been my favorite character, and I hesitated to spend the money to shell a character I don't "love".  That being said, I've always liked the Iplehouse Grace sculpt and thought if I ever did shell Brianna she would be a good choice, as she has the slightly slanted, cat- like" eyes like the Leonard sculpt does (at least in my mind). In August I started telling stories about a group of my other FID/Raccoon Dolls on another blog, In the Glade (link in the sidebar). One of those characters is a floating head and needed a body, so I decided I would go ahead and order FID Grace, give her body to Nan (the floating head), and then I could pop "Brianna" in for some photos with mini Jamie and Claire on occasion. As it turned out, I didn't like how the Raccoon head sat on the Iple body, so that plan didn't work out. I also liked my FID Grace in hand much more than I thought I would. The eyes Iple sent with her were much lovelier than any of the others I had gotten with prior FID's, and were the perfect color for Brianna. I ordered her with SID Grace option A makeup, as the FID default makeup options for her sculpt were too "heavy" on the eyeshadow for Brianna, and I think her faceup turned out really lovely as well.
The hunt was on to find the perfect wig for her. I still don't know that I've done that. In these photos she is wearing the same updo wig that Claire typically wears, Monique Annabelle, in an auburn shade. In photos of her by herself it looks a little too brown and not "red" enough. I'm afraid the carrot shade will be too red though. Anyway, when taking her photo beside Claire, it does have a redder cast,so for now, I'm happy enough.
 I was also pleased to see when photographed with mini Claire, they do have a family resemblance. I can see them as mother/daughter quite easily.  The Nina sculpt that I use for Mini Claire has a bit of an "older" vibe to me than her larger counterpart, which works well for me with Brianna. Another shot below of mother/daughter. All clothing by Robyn of Period Threads, with the exception of the knits, which were made by me. Next on my dolly "to do" list is taking some photos of Brianna with Jamie. Stay tuned...………...And I guess the next dilemma is, now that Brianna appears here to stay, do I want to shell Roger????



2 comments:

  1. Your Brianna is lovely with that makeup; she hardly looks like Grace at all. I've shelled Jamie and Claire twice with two different sets of dolls: Soom ID51 Cuba with FID Grace, and Raccoon David with FID Raffine. Now that I've re-homed Raffine, Grace remains my only Claire. To me FID Grace's default makeup gives her that older vibe you mention. I hadn't given a thought to shelling Brianna or Roger. Now you've got me thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll look forward to seeing what decision you make on the Brianna/Roger front. I'm still not sure I'm going to shell Roger. I don't think I've seen my perfect Roger in one of the existing sculpts, so until something "clicks" with me Brianna will just randomly interact with her parents. I have that doll do double duty in my other dolly world "In the Glade" as well, so I'll get plenty of use out of her.

    ReplyDelete