Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Completist in Me

I guess it is just the completist in my that spurred me on to add the final piece to the Tonner Outlander collection. As I was photographing the rest of my Tonner Outlander dolls I looked on Ebay to see what the prices were for the one remaining Claire doll I didn't have...…………………….and saw I had an Ebay coupon, so in a moment of weakness I hit the buy button. She arrived today.  She being the final "Basic" Claire in the 40's dress she was wearing when she went through the stones.
I like that this version has her hair down, as the other 3 Claire's have her hair up. I need to rinse the "product" out of her hair to make it softer and help the curls fall more naturally, but I'm happy to have a version with her hair down. I'd like to eventually have some of the costumes she wore in the first season made for her.
The outfit does come with a belt as well, but I left it off here as I was photographing her outside reminiscent of when she "fell" through the stones and woke up in the 1740's. The jersey knit of the dress is so soft. The shoes were a bear to get on, but I finally did manage to wiggle them enough to where they went over the heel.
All in all I'm glad I went ahead and added her. I'm afraid I would have regretted it down the line if I skipped her, as she is a little different from the other versions and will lend herself well to the Highland fashions if/when I decide to commission some in the future. While I wish the collection had gone on longer to encompass more of the fabulous fashions represented in the show, I'm glad to have the 5 dolls we got (4 Claire, 1 Jamie).  I'm REALLY surprised that Mattel hasn't gotten the license to do their own versions of Jamie and Claire in Barbie scale. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey, when the spirit says Jump, you gotta jump. Congrats on buying her. (I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes spur-of-the-moment decisions.) If you ask me, she is the loveliest of the Claires. Good luck getting the product out. Let me know how it works because I want to soften Jamie's hair, if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know how goes with project product rinse out, lol! I do like this Claire and am glad I got her. Just wish I had Jamie in his kilt to go with her...……..

      Delete