It's been a while since one of my favorite couples has had their time to shine. A couple of years ago my love for the 12" dolls was revived with the Jamieshow Muses. My attentioon has been diverted the past few years with that size.
With the announcement of Iplehouse closing made this past week, and the arrival of the first big doll I have gotten in years, I have been looking around my doll room and began appreciating all the beautiful large BJD's I have in my collection again. Jamie and Claire being among the ones that have inspired me most over the years. I've also been inspired to start photographing some of my Iple dolls again.
Back in the heydey, Iplehouse used to offer hand and body blushing. Jamie has both, and it is so beautifully done. His face up was painted by Lyn Raftis. Clothing made by my friend Robyn of Period Threads, who has been a wonderful partner in crime helping me achieve my vision to clothe all my period characters in my dolly collection. There has been nothing I have asked her to make for my dolls that she hasn't knocked out of the ballpark. If you look through this blog you will see posts on inspiration behind a lot of the items she has done for me over the years.
For Claire, I opted for Iple's more subdued face up, which I felt suited Claire's character well.
More pics of them. It was fun spending time with them again. I hope in the coming weeks to play more with all my larger dolls and update the various blogs I have for each of the character groups within my dolly world. Links in the sidebar to my other blogs.








No comments:
Post a Comment