Saturday, November 27, 2021

Christmas Plaid

 I got this beautiful Christmas plaid skirt for Marsali after last Christmas I believe, from Robyn of Period Threads,  and I've been looking forward to trying it on her. This morning I actually had some dolly time. I love the color red, and I think this skirt and waist cincher suits her quite well.


Real life has gotten in the way of my dolly time the past few months. Even before real life had gotten in the way I had been spending more time with the smaller dolls than the larger ones. I'm running out of space for the large doll boxes, so I have switched my focus to the mid Iple FID/SJ and Raccoon Dolls. Every time I take the time to get the big dolls out though, I remember how lovely they are to photograph.

Marsali, my mature Narae, is my oldest BJD. I had BJD's before her, but they have all moved on. She was one of the first dolls I bought who had such a high level of realism to her features, and really made me fall in love with BJD's.

Her lovely face up was done way back in 2007 I believe, by Cristy of Xtremedolls. I think she is still quite lovely. I like her in the role of Marsali. I didn't really have a set "role" for her previously, so she had been pretty neglected over the past few years. 









1 comment:

  1. Thank you Linda! I'm glad I found a role for her where she would get a bit more attention.

    ReplyDelete