Saturday, October 3, 2020

Marsali

 I was looking at the grouping of my Outlander dolls in my doll room this morning and had the thought that my Mature Narae (who is my oldest BJD, but she never gets any attention anymore) might fit in well as Marsali in the Outlander world. I love my Narae, and have no intentions of selling her, and it would be fun to put her in a role where she might actually get more attention. Forgive her shirt, she needs a proper shift, but this morning was a testing of trying to figure out if I thought she would fit in, so I just pulled together some clothing I had that was workable.


 I pulled down Rachel and Claire from the doll room to do a group shot of the women of Fraser's Ridge to see what I thought.  I really think she works well in the role.  She's tiny next to Rachel and Claire, but I've always seen Marsali as tiny anyway, and Marsali in the TV show is tiny as well, so her size works for me.  Now that I have decided that she does work rather well in this role I'll have to work on getting her some clothing pieces of her own. The waist cincher and skirt made for my nYID doll does fit her rather well though. I'm excited to have another way to play with an old favorite.

Putting these three together for a photo makes me want to get Brianna in SID size to go with them! They do make rather a striking group I think.

Portrait shots of Rachel and Claire as well, since I had them out.











4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's a slippery slope when we decide we need a doll that we already have in another size. :D That said, of course you need Brianna in SID size. You can't have Claire's daughters-in-law without also having her daughter. Rachel looks awfully tall in these photos, especially next to Marsali. I like your Mature Narae, but the golden blonde wig brings out the yellow in her complexion. Maybe a different color outfit will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..........I know Rachel is taller than she is supposed to be, but I don't care, lol. I love this doll for the character so my Rachel is just tall, and her size works well with young Ian (who is the other doll she is photographed with most). Marsali's size doesn't bother me either as I always have seen her as being small. I can see what you say about the wig color though. It was close at hand and blonde when I decided I wanted to try Narae out as Marsali. I might try a blonde that has more brown undertones in it. I'm happy with her overall though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel's updo (or does it just look like an updo?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a braid. Monique Gold Elsa is the name of it:
      https://www.facetsboutique.com/Elsa_p_146.html

      Delete